A list of Equine trails below are continually growing. One map (a Google map) takes you to the trailhead from your location. This can be downloaded to your phone. The other link will show you the trail details.
A map to the trailhead is marked “(MAP)” or “(TH MAP)” and will show you a Google map. This map works well on your phone. The other named links take you to PLOTAROUTE to display trail info. You can then scroll down to see additional info. These are best viewed on a PC.
Using the PLOTAROUTE map, you can download it into multiple formats so you can then upload it into a mapping application of your choice.
1) You can create your own map and submit it to the webmaster.
2) Trails may have obstacles prohibiting or slowing your progress, due to environmental issues.
- Spangle Lake Trail Power Plant Campground (USFS Info) (TH MAP)
- Queens River Transfer Camp (USFS Info) (TH MAP)
- Read Ranch(TH MAP) (North of Warm Lake)
- Camp Creek Trailhead (16 mile Loop)
- Kennally Creek Campground (TH MAP)
- Vicks and Fogg Lake Trail (10mi)
- Patty Flat Guard Station (5mi)
- Yellow Jacket TH and camp ground (TH MAP)
- Yellow Jacket (15mi loop)( Stole Meadows, South of Warm Lake)
- Rice Peak LO Trail (aka Telephone Ridge)(7mi)
- Tripod Lookout (aka West Mtn. South TH) (6mi) (TH MAP) (between Sage Hen Reservoir & Smiths Ferry)
- Cowboy Campground at Legacy Park(TH MAP)
- Airport Loop(TH MAP)
- Haga Creek(5mi) and Sheep Creek(5mi)(TH MAP)
- Meadow Creek Sheep Camp (13mi)(TH MAP)
- Woop_Um_Up Loops – between Loman and Idaho City on ID 21 (TH MAP)
- Bald Mountain Campground (TH MAP)
- Jennie Lake (4mi)(TH MAP)
- Bear River (aka Rabbit Creek) (TH MAP) Camping near Jennie Lake TH
- Skeleton Creek (aka Narrow Canyon Trail) (10mi) (TH MAP)
- Bear Valley -Elk Creek Cow Camp area (TH MAP)
- Cow Camp (all Trails)
- Bernard Lake(9mi)
- Camptender Loop Trail(22mi)
- Tonja’s Meadow Loop(3mi)
- South Meadow Loop(3mi)
- Sulphur Creek Ranch Loop (28mi)
- BV Mtn Lookout (5mi)
- Red Mountain (North of Loman)(TH MAP)
- Bull Trout (Kirkham Ridge Trailhead) (TH MAP)
- Warm Springs Trailhead(aka Bull Trout)(TH MAP)
- Ten Mile Creek(TH MAP)Nice camp ground, Corrals no longer present.
- White Clouds – 4th of July Trail Head (South of Stanley)(TH MAP)
- White Clouds – Big Bolder Creek Trail Head (South of Clayton) (TH MAP)
- Frog Lake (8mi)
- Windy Devil (12mi)
- Frog Lake (8mi)
- White Clouds – Little Bolder Trail Head
- Frog Lake (8mi) (From E. Fork of Salmon)
- Sawtooth – Pettit Lake/Tin Cup Trail Head (South of Stanley)(TH MAP)
- Sawtooth – Imogene/Hell Roaring (9mi)(TH MAP)
- Sawtooth – Grandjean (South-West of Stanley) (TH MAP)
- Lola Creek Campground and TH (West of Stanley)(TH MAP)
Mountain Home/Soldier Mountains
- Willow Creek Transfer Camp (East of Featherville) ( TH MAP)
- Virginia Gulch Trail (8mi)
- River Trail to Bumgartner Hot Springs (6mi)
- Baumgartner Hot Springs to Hunter Creek Transfer Camp (20mi)(one way)
- Bear Creek Transfer Camp (North of Fairfield) (TH MAP)
- Wilson Creek Overview South of Marsing (TH MAP)
- Diamond Basin off of Silver City Rd (TH MAP)
- Little Jacks Creek Wilderness (south of Grand View) (TH MAP)
- Succor Creek – see Oregon below
WHAT IS RIDGE TO RIVERS?
Ridge to Rivers is a partnership between the City of Boise, Ada County, the Bureau of Land Management Boise District, Boise National Forest, the Idaho Department of Fish and Game and private land owners. The goal of Ridge to Rivers is to provide a high-quality system of trails for the enjoyment of Treasure Valley residents and visitors to the Boise Foothills. The Ridge to Rivers management area stretches from Highway 55, east to Highway 21, and from north Boise to the Boise ridgeline. Some trails are marked not for Equine use.
Ridge to Rivers Trail System Map or Interactive Map or Equestrian Trails
MORE TREASURE VALLEY AND SURROUNDING TRAILS :
- Eagle Island (MAP)
- Eagle Foothills – Little Gulch Creek North Eagle Foothills (TH MAP)
- Eagle Foothills – East Aerie Lane North of Eagle -New Avimor Entrance (TH MAP)
- Parking permit required.
- Email name, home address, email address, phone
- To: Beckyv@avimor.com
- Subject: Parking permit on Avimor Property for horses (on Willow Creek Rd. Eagle)
- Ride before it gets developed
- Parking permit required.
- Emmett Hwy 16 between Emmett and Star (TH MAP)
- Emmett – Emmett Sand Hollow Rd East of Emmett (TH MAP)
- Kuna – Kuna Butte south of Kuna (TH MAP)
- Kuna – Swan Falls South of Kuna, on the Snake (TH MAP)
- Melba – Celebration Park along the Snake (TH MAP)
- Montour – Johnson Creek (TR MAP) (Between Emmett and Horse Shoe Bend)
- Weiser – Weiser River Trail (Map-special) More Info
- Boise Foothills – Orchard Gulch Loop (TH MAP)
- Boise Foothills – Corrals Loop Trail
- Lucky Peak – Dead Dog Trail (TH MAP)
- Lucky Peak – Cottonwood Trail (TH MAP) (USFS Info)
- Blacks Creek Exit – Lime Creek – (TH MAP)
- Blacks Creek Exit – Deadman Cow Trail (5mi Loop) (TH MAP)
- Blacks Creek Exit – Willow Creek Trail (6mi loop & 4miRT) (TH MAP)
- Ola/Sweet – Wilson Corrals/Gabe’s Peak (12mi Loop) (TH MAP)
Trails below need some scouting to see if they are equine suitable.
- Shows Lucky Peak TH Locations
- Lucky Peak and Adelmann Mine (park at Hill Top Restaurant trailer parking behind large hitching post and ride to trailhead)
- Lucky Peak – Deer Creek Trail
- Lucky Peak – Cervidae Peak Trail
- Hells Canyon/Seven Devils Windy Saddle Horse Camp (West of Riggins)(TH MAP)
- Shelf Lake Feather Creek
- Canyon Lakes
- Sheep Creek Loop
- Potlatch River/Canyon Trail (TH Map)
- Feather Creek Trail (TH MAP)
- Upper Basin Interpretive Trail #747 (TH MAP)
South East Idaho
- City Of Rocks (MAP) See State Parks below.
Idaho Centennial Trail (Nevada to Canada)
- Idaho Parks information
- Starting Point, (TH MAP) Nevada State Line to Winter Camp (47mi)
- Winter Camp(TH MAP) to Snake River at Hammett (36mi)
- Hammett(TH Map) To Castle Rock (40mi)
- Castle Rock(TH MAP) to Hunter Creek Transfer Camp (35mi)
- Sawmill Gulch/Hunter Creek Transfer Camp (TH MAP) to Willow Creek Transfer Camp (35mi)
- Willow Creek Transfer Camp (TH MAP) to Rock Fork Basin (18mi)
- Rock Fork Basin(TH MAP) to Grandjean (43mi)
- Grandjean (TH MAP) to Lola Creek Campground (31mi)
- …(more to come)
- Steen Mountains South Central Or, just North of Nev. border. (TH MAP)
- Succor Creek west of Homedale, Id. (TH MAP)
Horseback Riding in Idaho State Parks
Horseback riders will enjoy the many trails and camping opportunities in Idaho state parks. Several parks have trails specially designed for horseback riding as well as camping places designed for horse travel and care. Every region of the state offers a state park with something special for horse riding enthusiasts. Most parks offer overnight camping and accommodations.
- Bruneau Dunes State Park South Central Id. Map.
- Castle Rocks State Park South East Id. Smoky Mtn. CG Reservations, Trails, CG Location, Park Location
- City of Rocks National Reserve South East Id. Smoky Mtn. CG Reservations, Trails, CG Location
- Eagle Island State Park South West Id.
- Farragut State Park North Central Id.
- Harriman State Park East Central Id.
- Hells Gate State Park Central Id.
- Heyburn State Park North East Id.
- Idaho City Trail System South West Id.
- McCroskey State Park North West Id.
- Thousand Spring State Park South Central Id.
- Ashton to Tetonia Trail North East Id.
Squaw Butte Chapter list of trails.
Squaw Butte Favorite Trails